Part 8 – Adding Texture Maps to Model Objects Bryce 3D tutorials
Applying Materials for Photorealism
Bryce 3D Material Lab
Make sure you are in "Camera View" and select one of the Wings either by clicking on it or by Family Color.
* Tip: Note that the "Texture Source Editor" button is pink. And the column select buttons are purple .
1. Open Material Lab- Click the "M" or (Ctrl+M) to open the "Material Lab"
1a. Select Diffuse and Ambient in the "A" column.
1b. Click the "Image Texture" button (the one with the "P" on it) and "Leo" will appear in the display window .
1c. Click the "Texture Source Editor" button
Bryce 3D Picture Editor
2. Importing the Texture Images-
2a. For the first large window click "Load" In the pop up menu find and select your WingTexture.psd.
2b. Next, in the first large window click "Copy"
2c. In the second large window click "Paste" and in the pop up menu select "Delete" Leave the third window as it is and click the finish check mark . In the Material Lab hit the finish check mark .
3. Repeat above steps to add texture map to the other wing.
Selecting all the objects
Selecting all of the Objects
1. Hold down Ctrl and click on the Body.
1a. Click "M" or (Ctrl+M) Select Diffuse and Ambient in the "A" column.
1b. Click the "Image Texture" button (the one with the "P" on it).
1c. Select the next available "Extra Picture" box/window
1d. Click the "Texture Source Editor" button. Click the next available small box in the first row. In the pop up window find and open your BodyTexture.psd file.
1e. Click "Copy" (bottom left) of the first large window and paste (bottom right) of the second large window. In the pop up click "Delete" and then the finish check mark . In the Material Lab hit the finish check mark .
2. Repeat these steps for the Left and Right Antenna’s. You can use the same texture image for both the right and left Antennae objects.